- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 garlic loves, minced
- 1/3 cup celery, chopped into small chunks
- 4 cups homemade veg stock
- ½ cup shredded carrot
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp fresh black pepper
- 2 cups finely shredded spinach
- ½ cup chopped basil
- Chopped parsley for garnishing.
- Sauté the onion in the olive oil for 5 min.
- Sauté the garlic and celery fro 1 min.
- Add the vegetable stock, tomatoes, carrots, tomato paste, maple syrup, salt and peeper into a pot and bring to a boil and then lower to simmer.
- Once ready, add the spinach and basil and remove from heat.