- 1 1/2 lbs. mushrooms, you can use baby Portobello’s, Cremini or Button
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, finely chopped – reserve a little extra for serving
- 1 shallot, chopped 2 cloves garlic
- minced 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes diced
- 3/4 cup walnuts chopped
- 1 cup baby spinach chopped
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- Remove mushroom stems (and set aside for later). Brush mushrooms with a little olive oil, place (stem side up) and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- In a sauté pan over medium-high heat, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Sauté the shallots, bell pepper, garlic and sun dried tomatoes for about 3 minutes until they start to get tender. Add in the parsley, finely chopped mushroom stems and chopped walnuts, cook another 2-3 minutes. Add in chopped spinach until it wilts. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove the mushrooms from the oven, pour off any water that accumulated in the mushrooms.
- Spoon the filling into the mushrooms and bake for an additional 10-12 minutes.
Topped with fresh, raw diced red bell peppers and serve warm.