- ¼ cup melted and cooled coconut oil
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups packed fine blanched almond flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- For rolling:
- 1/4 cup organic cane sugar (or coconut sugar)
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add in melted coconut oil, sugar, maple syrup, egg, and vanilla. Mix until well combined, smooth and creamy.
- Next add in almond flour, coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt. Mix until a dough forms. Allow dough to sit for 5 minutes to thicken up while you make the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- While dough is sitting, mix together cane sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and set aside.
- Use your hands to roll dough into small balls, then roll each dough ball into cinnamon-sugar mixture until coated completely. Place each dough ball on prepared cookie sheet then flatten each with the palm of your hand so that they are about 1/4th inch thick.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven, transfer to a wire rack and allow cookies to cool completely.