Seasonal Vegetable Curry
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 11/2 tbsp. curry powder
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- ½ cup snow peas
- 2 small cloves
- Minced ginger, thumb size finely chopped.
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 2 cups garbanzo beans, cooked or canned
- 1 15oz can of unsweetened coconut milk
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 bunches of any type of greens, washed and cut (kale, Bok Choy, escarole, collards, turnip greens, etc.)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
- Brown rice
- In a large pot heat coconut oil and sauté onions, garlic, ginger and curry spices until the onions are soft (about 6-8 minutes).
- Add the vegetables, beans, and coconut milk.
- Bring to simmer and add the vegetable broth.
- Simmer until the veggies are tender (about 15 minutes).
- Add the greens, then season with salt and pepper.
Serve with brown rice. Garnish with cilantro.