Roasted salmon and fennel salad
- 1 1/4 lb Organic salmon fillet
- 1 or 2 fennel bulbs thinly sliced lengthways
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tsp.salt
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tsp caraway seeds
- 3 thinly sliced garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and fresh grounded pepper for garnish at the end on the fish.
- 1 tbsp thinly sliced lemon peel.
- A little dill leaves for garnish.
- Heat oven to 300 C
- Prepare the brine first.
- Simmer the rice vinegar, sugar, salt, caraway seeds and 1/3 cup water in a small saucepan over medium heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat and add the garlic until softened 10-15 min.
- Add half the fennel into the saucepan and allow it to absorb the flavors. It will soften and taste pickled. 8-10 min
- Place the salmon in a baking dish and coat with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 15-18 min until you can see the flesh easily flakes and comes apart.
- Mix the remaining fennel into the fennel soaked in rice vinegar and add the lemon peel.
- Mix well and add dill for garnish. Add salt and pepper if needed.
- Sprinkle some fennel salad over the fish and serve the rest on the side.