Roasted Butternut Pumpkin and Mixed Green Salad
- 1 1/2 pound butternut squash peeled and diced.
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup homemade apple juice
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp shallots
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 4 oz wild rocket
- 1 curly (frizee) lettuce
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts
- Preheat oven to 200 C
- Drizzle some olive oil, salt and pepper on the cubed butternut squash and place in the oven fro 15 -20 min. Turning once until tender.
- Combine apple cider vinegar, apple juice and shallots in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium high fire.
- Cook for 6 to 8 min. until reduced to 1/4 cup.
- Off the heat, wisk in the mustard and 1/2 the olive oil. 1 tsp salt,1/2 tsp pepper
- Mix the greens with the dressing and toss the pumpkin on top. Sprinkle the walnuts on top just before you serve.