Poppy seed lemon pound cake
- 5 eggs, at room temperature
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- Juice of two large lemons
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 organic lemon
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt or Himalayan salt
- 2tbsp Poppy seeds for mixture and extra for topping.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and Line a 9-inch x 5-inch loaf pan with a piece of parchment paper. Spray the parchment paper lightly with coconut massage the pan and paper with coconut oil so it doesn’t stick to the pan. Set aside and prepare ingredients.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, coconut oil, lemon juice, vanilla extract, lemon zest, and almond milk. Set aside.
- In another large mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, poppy seeds and salt. Stir until well combined
- Pour the liquid ingredients onto the dry ingredients while stirring. Stir until a consistent batter with no lumps. Let this mixture sit for a few minutes to allow the coconut flour to absorb the liquid.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and transfer to the oven to bake for 10 minutes uncovered. After 10 minutes, cover the loaf pan with a loose piece of aluminum foil to avoid burning the top of the cake. Bake the cake, covered, for an additional 35 minutes then uncover and allow to brown for another 5-10 min and check with a toothpick inserted in the center that it comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for about 10-15 minutes before removing from the pan and transferring to a cooling rack. Enjoy slightly warm or room temperature (it’s even good cold straight out of the fridge).