Coriander Chicken Curry
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 5 large garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp Madras curry powder
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp dried crushed peeper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh coriander, divided
- 6 chicken breast or thighs chopped into small pieces
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups canned unsweetened coconut milk or use powder form and get 2 cups worth.
- 2 cups of homemade chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- Wild rice to serve
- Blend first 6 ingredients and 1/4 cup coriander in the food processor until you get a paste. Stopping frequently to scrape down the sides.
- Rub the chicken pieces with the paste.
- Heat the olive oil and sauté the chicken till slightly brown.
- Add the coconut milk, broth and turmeric.
- Reduce the heat and cover .
- Simmer for 30 min, until chicken is cooked through turning a few times.
- Remove the chicken and put a side.
- Increase the fire temperature and cook the sauce until it gets slightly thick, 4 min.
Season with salt and return the chicken to the pot.
- Place in serving dish and sprinkle remaining coriander on top.
- Serve with your choice of rice. I served it with brown rice.